Horse Bandages and more. All at Horseland.
It takes a little practice to bandage your horse's legs properly, but your horse will thank you for your efforts when he needs leg bandages.
Wrapping horse legs is a skill that is necessary for every horse owner to acquire, preferably before they need to do it. There is no need to regularly routinely wrap your horses leg, but the situations that call for it, you will need to know how to do it, they include:
• Providing warmth to a stiff/old tendon, fetlock problem or ligament
• Controlling swelling and movement with acute injuries
• Protection during shipping.
• Improperly applied wraps can do a lot of damage, and if the wrap is too tight, the blood supply to the tendons in the back of the horse’s leg is easily compromised if the wrap is too tight, if it is slips down or if it is applied with uneven pressure.
Basics of Bandaging
• Practice getting the correct tension on the bandage because if it's too tight it can injure his tendons, but if it's too loose it will slip.
• Choose the right bandage for the right circumstances. A horse needs a different bandage for the stall vs. when you're riding him.
• Clean the section of the leg to be wrapped and then brush the hair so that it lies smoothly.
Which direction you wrap a leg isn't critical, so pick which works for you, whether you're left- or right-handed.
• Learn to judge where to start the outer bandage so that you finish wrapping at the top of the leg.
Our range of leg bandages are available in 5 different brands and different materials.
Tail bandages and wraps for horses are one of those little extras that sometimes you think you might not need, but if you are serious about your horse and keeping his or her tail clean and neat then these are actually quite essential!
Roma makes both horse tail wraps and horse tail bandages with similar properties – the difference really been in the application and how you place the item on your horse’s tail.
The Roma Nylon Tail Bandage, for example, protects your horse & is super easy to use. It features a traditional wrap around fabric design, touch tape securing on ends to keep it in place, protects the hair & skin on your horse's tail from rubbing the wall/door of the float/truck while travelling and comes in a range of stylish colours.
The Roma Neoprene Tail Wrap, like the bandage, also protects your horse & is very easy to use. The horse tail wrap features secure & adjustable touch tape to make sure the wrap is snug around a range of tail sizes & stays in place whether you are travelling with your horse or riding him or her, its made from thick, but flexible neoprene material, ergonomic cut out shape at dock to ensure it doesn't rub on your horse, protects the hair & skin on your horse's tail been caught on the float’s gate or door.
At Horseland, we have built a reputation on providing the very best in horse riding products and equipment, from saddlery to bridlewear and also horse tail bandages and wraps. You can find many more of our products online or at one of our Saddle Centres across Australia.