Riding Stirrup Irons
Stirrups support a rider’s feet during riding and aid them in mounting the horse. Riding stirrup irons are the loops through which the rider places their feet. Despite the name, they can be made from different materials, including stainless steel, aluminum and plastics, and come in a variety of designs.
When selecting which stirrups to use it’s important to consider your specific needs. Some stirrup designs are ideal for jumping whereas others are made for regular rides. There are also quick release and safety stirrups which differ from traditional stirrups by including measures to prevent the rider’s foot from getting stuck should they fall off the horse. These are perfect for riding schools and inexperienced riders. A correctly sized stirrup should be about 3cm wider than the rider’s boot so that they don’t fit too tightly but aren’t wide enough to allow for too much slippage.
Horse Stirrup Irons for Sale at Horseland
Horseland offers a wide variety of horse stirrup irons from Korsteel, a trusted manufacturer of stirrups, bits and spurs. These stirrups come in a range of different materials and designs so you can find the right pair to suit your needs. We also have spare treads, polymer toe cages and leather clogs.
Korsteel’s extensive and varied range of stirrups allows you to find the perfect pair for you. Whether you’re after something made from stainless steel, aluminum, nickel or polymer, Korsteel has an option for you. They offer traditional designs as well as quick release and safety designs which are perfect for riders who are still developing their abilities.
Korsteel’s range of products includes:
- Stainless Steel Knife Edge Stirrup Irons: Silver coloured stainless steel with white rubber treads to keep your feet in place.
- Aluminium Stirrup Irons: Made with lightweight aluminium.
- Polymer Stirrup Irons with Coloured Treads: Strong, lightweight and resistant to stress.
- Flexible Fillis Stirrup Irons: Include a Flexi cushioning system to relieve ankle stress.
- Stainless Steel Peacock Stirrup Irons: Featuring a rubber ring which releases under pressure.
- Stainless Steel Safety Stirrup Irons: These have a pronounced loop which allows for the rider’s foot to be released in case of a fall.
- Polymer Toe Cages: These attach to stirrups and are used to keep your feet in position when riding.
If you aren’t sure which stirrups are the right choice for you, you can visit one of our Horseland Saddle Centres and talk to an expert. With stores nationwide, you’re sure to find one near you.
Shop Online or In Store at Horseland
Horseland is the nation’s leading horse product supplier and offers quality gear for both horses and riders. With over 50 stores across Australia and nationwide support we can help meet your riding needs wherever you are in the country.
You can also shop online and receive free delivery with a purchase over $150. Subscribe to Hors-E-News to stay up to date with special offers and receive 10% off your first order. Shop today to find a pair of stirrups that will help you have a safe and comfortable ride.